“Thank you for visiting my new website.
We are currently updating this page with my latest shows and upcoming events.”
Elaine Constance Smith is a Scottish actress and comedian. She has starred in the BBC sitcoms, City Lights, Rab C. Nesbitt and Two Doors Down. Her stage credits include the original productions of The Steamie and I Dreamed a Dream…
- Another series of Burdseye View for STV…this time I’m heading for the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
- September to November recording series 3 of “Two Doors Down”for BBC as well as a christmas special too.
- In December I return to the Kings Glasgow in Sleeping Beauty- first time back at the Kings in panto for 13 years…..and just signed to do Kay Mellors new musical ‘Fat Friends in 2018…
GALLERY | TV | FILM | RADIO | BOOK
GALLERY | THEATRE | PUBLIC | CHARITIES | POLITICS
- 2016 Two Doors Down Series 2
- 2015 Two Doors down Series 1 BBC ( Christine)
- 2015 Burdseye View Series 2
- 2014 Elaine C Smiths Burdseye View series 1 for STV/Solus Production
- 2014 The Syndicate ( Series 3) by Kay Mellor BBC part of Valerie.
- 2011 Series 10 Rab C.
- 2009 Series 9 Rab C
- 2009 Appearances on Paul O Grady (Channel 4)
- 2009 Appearances on This Morning
- 2009 Appearances on Loose Women. ( ITV)
- 2009 Appearances on The Wright Stuff (Channel 5)
- 2009 Celebrity Mastermind ( BBC1) The Hour (STV)
- 2008 Rab C Christmas special.
- 2016 “I love my Mum” ( directed by Alberto Sciamma)
- 2010 Night is Day ( horror movie for first time director in a feature).Part of the mother.
- Appearances on Broadcasting House and Loose Ends on Radio Four.
- 2013/14 “Love after Love” Presenter 6 part documentary series for BBC RadioScotland
- 2013 Series 2 Mum and me.
- 2012 “Mum and me” Presenter of 6 part BBC Radio Scotland documentary series about motherhood.
- Ruth Wishart and Richard Holloway, Fred McAuley, Janice Forsyth Comedy Cafe all on Radio Scotland.
- 2011 West Sound Burns Supper.
- Advertising/PR campaign for Scottish Government “The Big Freeze” 2010/2011
- Various voice over ads etc.
- Many Appearances on radio from Broadcasting House, Loose Ends, Womens Hour on Radio Four.
- Ruth Wishart and Richard Holloway, Fred McAuley, Kaye Adams, Janice Forsyth programmes all on Radio Scotland.
- 2010/2011 Advertising/PR campaign for Scottish Government “The Big Freeze”
- 2016 ‘The Glasgow Gruffalo” Launch in October and signings throughout Glasgow.
- 2010 “Nothing Like a Dame” Still in print and signed at events and touring venues both hardback and paperback.
- 2010 Signings throughout Scotland during 2010.
- 2010 Also narrated Susan Boyles autobiography “The Woman I was born to be” for audio book.
From 2011 till 2016 Elaine headlined the pantomime at HMT Aberdeen. ( Nov to Jan each year)
- 2016 UK Tour of ‘Annie” ( Miss Hannigan).
- 2015 A Burdseye View tour and 5 nights at the Music Hall at the Edinburgh Fringe.
- 2014 10 nights of Elaine’s stand up show at Assembly Rooms plus tour around Scotland.
- 2014 The Pure , The Dead and the Brilliant by Alan Bissett Edinburgh Fringe Assembly rooms.
- 2013 “This Wide Night” by Chloe Moss at the Tron Theatre Glasgow. Directed by David Greig.
- 2011/12 Elaine co wrote ( with Alan McHugh) and starred as Susan Boyle the highly successful musical based on her life called “I Dreamed a Dream” which toured the UK to sell out audiences.
- 2010 Took over lead role in Calendar Girls for the Celtic tour…ie Wales, Scotland and Liverpool.
- 2010 Another record breaking run as Carabosse in Sleeping Beauty at His Majesty’s Aberdeen.
- 2009 Record breaking run as Fairy Godmother in Cinderella at His Majesty’s Theatre Aberdeen.
- 2008/2010 Original cast member of Calender Girls ( Cora) UK tour and West End run.
Elaine has spoken at and does standup/after dinner speeches at many corporate events/Burns suppers/ Awards dinners across Scotland for many years- too many to list.
- 2017 February “Wee write” Book Festival in Glasgow.
- 2017 Kings Theatre Edinburgh “Allan Stewarts big Variety show”
- 2017 March Aye Write book festival. “The Books that made me” interviewed by Alan Bissett at the Glasgow Concert hall
- 2017 Geezabreak 25 years celebration
- 2017 2017 March 24th Visit to Festival Park Nursery on Gruffalo Day!
- 2017 April 1st Gala Concert Thats Fife Comedy Festival.
- 2017 April Scottish Youth Theatre Masterclass event.
- 2017 May 23rd Royal Conservatiore Glasgow “In Conversation” event.
- 2011 West Sound Burns Supper (reply from the Lassies) Thistle Hotel Glasgow.
- 2010 Highland Businesswomens Dinner Inverness.
- 2010 Sell out appearance at Glasgow Book Festival “Aye Wright ” with Baroness Helena Kennedy.
- 2010 Charity fundraiser for Bannerman High School, Glasgow.
- 2010 Woman of Influence Awards lunch. Hilton hotel, Glasgow.
- 2010 Scottish Youth Theatre Q and A.
- 2010 Erskine Hospital Ladies Lunch.
- 2010 Directors of Social Work Conference at Crieff hydro Hotel .
- 2010 Glitterati Lunch at Oran Mor Glasgow.
- 2010 SCVO Charity Awards Edinburgh.
- 2010 Host of “The History of Pantomime” live concert at Woodside Halls Glasgow.
- 2010 Sellout appearance at Edinburgh Book Festival.
- 2010 Calendar Girls lunch for Paul O Gorman Leukemia research Fund at Oran Mor Glasgow.
- 2010 Woman of the Year Lunch london.
- 2010 Lord provosts Charity Concerts at HMT Aberdeen.
- 2010 Ann Gloag Fistula Foundation Geneagles Hotel.
- 2010 relationships Scotland DVD recorded.
- Elaine is Patron of the Moira Fund
- Patron of Geeabreak respite charity based in the East End of Glasgow for 25 years
- Patron of Scottish Youth Theatre.
- 2013 Elaine did the award winning Breastcancer campaign for Scottish Government /NHS TV/ Radio/online and poster campaign Scotland wide.
- Convenor of the Scottish Independence Convention.
- 2012 14 Board member of Yes Scotland.
- 2010/12 Board member of the Scottish Broadcasting Commission
- Board member of Common Weal.
Elaine was very involved in the 2014 referendum campaign appearing on many TV panel discussion programmes across all networks.
Convenor of the Scottish Independence Convention.
2012 /14 Board member of Yes Scotland.
2010/12 Board member of the Scottish Broadcasting Commission
Board member of Common Weal.
- Hosted a series of events with Scotland”s First Minister Alex Salmond called “Ask Alex” in the run up to the UK General Election throughout Scotland.
- Hosted very succesful independence Conference for the SIC in Glasgow.
- Took part in anti bigotry, anti racist campaign in Scotland.